Friday, October 18, 2013

My Therapeutic Hands






  When it comes to my hands, it is very important that I take care of them. They're my instruments, my tools, my money maker, so to speak. If I don't take care of them I can hang my Massage Therapy career up. Now this does not only apply to Massage Therapist, this also applies to anyone who use their hands on a regular, so that means just about everyone.
    It's important that we treat our hands to a little R & R as often as possible. So a treat to me would be a day at the Salon getting a soothing manicure with a wonderful hand/arm massage. But if you find that you don't have time for that or it's just not in your budget, here is what I like to do at home:


  • File my nails down and/or shape 
  • Add a cuticle remover or cream to soften the cuticles
  • Trim the cuticles if needed
  • Soak hands for about 5 - 10 mins. in warm to comfortable hot water with Epsom Salt. You can also add your favorite manicure soak or a few drops of Essential Oils like: Peppermint oil, Lemongrass, Lavender, or whatever fragrance oil you prefer 
  • Add an exfoliating scrub to soften and renew hands
  • Rub the scrub gently in a circular motion all over hands and a little past the wrist
  • Let scrub sit for about 1-2 mins. ( For best results, place a warm/hot towel over hands)
  • Place your hands back into the water and rub your hands to rinse all the exfoliating scrub away
  • Dry hands with a clean towel
  • Take your favorite oil and apply to your cuticles for 1-2 mins. (This is to help soften and heal damaged, spilt, dry cuticles)
  • Then apply your favorite hand cream or oil and massage deep into the hands and arms



 AHHHHH!
And now you have just pampered your hands. Your hands will thank you for it in the long run and so will the people you touch.
OH YEAH! These steps can also be applied to the feet. They are just as important as your hands.
Remember treat you body good and your body will treat you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment